vrarsh
I have been reading a lot, and at times it seems that no matter how ever much you read, there are somethings that are beyond the understanding of the limited capacity of human intellect. So what do you do then? Ignore the questions that keep pounding and pouncing on you when you try your level best to ignore them? Or do you continue reading, hoping that your limited mind, expands and you learn to see things beyond this physical world, that is actually superimposed on the infinite world. Well that is what Swami Rama said in "Living with the Himalayan Master".

Reading that book at night and the alchemist by Paolo Coelho in the day time, had me thinking. Our true reason of being here. Both authors are renowned writers, one a renunciate and the other a novellist who delights in the smallest magical wonder of this finite world. Paolo talks about Personal Legend, and I started wondering what is my personal legend. Personal legend according to paolo is something that you truly desire to accomplish here on earth and everyone has that, but it so happens that life often throws you carelessly like a wave on rocks, and you end up throwing your personal legend away. He also says that as children you would know what is your personal legend but you slowly start forgetting it or assuming that you do not reserve to go after it since so many people meet failure when they try.

So what is my personal legend? I am not entirely sure. I remembered when I was 8, I started wondering why are we here? And now that I am 24, I know what I want to gain from being here, I know what is the purpose of being here, but I still do not know why we are even here in the 1st place. The reason for creation. And maybe, just maybe my personal legend would be to find out the answer to this. It may take my whole entire life, but pursuits of such, to find your personal legend is indeed timeless, and as Paolo Coelho continues to say in the story, the King adviced the boy to continue finding his Personal legend and to continue the journey until he finds what he wants to find. In the process he is to remember that Everything is one and the same, and also that the boy should listen and follow the Omens.

It is not as absurd as it may sound. All of us do indeed have that one thing, one reason for living, that maybe hidden deep inside our mind and consciousness. We may think it is not practical to do what our hearts desire, things may not go well and such. And so we ignore this personal need, be it to travel to the furthest corner of the world, to climb the highest mountain, to find your heart's true love or anything at all. We continue living, pretending that we did ourselves a big favour by not going for our dreams, that we saved ourselves from pain and failure that we might face if we had gone on reaching our dreams.

So with regards to my Personal Legend, I don't even know what exactly it is. Is it answering these questions that keep bubbling inside of me or is it some other things that I have successfully hidden in the depth of being? All I know is I would like to travel, to all corners of the worls, learn the language of the unspoken, learn from the elements and just Be :)Perhaps That is my Personal Legend.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

your two cents worth??

}