vrarsh
And so, people tell me that I am different.
Truth be told, I am different, from whom I used to be. If you knew me back then, and if you know me now, you would probably notice it too.
No more chip on the shoulder, no more being inhibited and always afraid of what people think.
It took me time, but I learnt, that I matter, and people who thought and made me feel otherwise, just don't matter no more :)
This is what life does to you, it helps you to grow and just recently I had this epiphany. Some of us, depending on where you are in life, are like butterflies, really.
You start off as a caterpillar, just moving on with life, doing what you are supposed to do, and though you know you have better things lined up for you in the future, but you can't quite put your finger to it. And then things happen, experiences and all, it slowly stretches you. Especially events in life that you have no control over. It stretches you to a point that you just can't take it anymore, and poof, (perhaps not that magically), you change, maybe to a butterfly ( or a moth ~depends on your idea on life) or perhaps you just have a new skin. It doesn't matter really. What happens is you just become a brand new person, you feel free, and life is a whole new place to explore and grow again.

That is how I feel now. Uninhibited, free, and whole (not totally, but I am working on it :)) I tell you, it's the hair!! Having short hair does a whole lot of difference to you.

I used to care and spend a lot of time wondering what people would think of the things I do, what I wore, what I said, about everything really. Yes I had esteem issues, and why I had them isn't important anymore. The truly important thing is that now, this things, what people say and do just doesn't matter anymore. Everyone is as different as they can be, no two person is ever the same, even twins. It is a blatant truth, but it is funny how many of us float along life, just trying to mould ourselves to fit what someone else wants for you. It could be moulding yourself for your partner, your family, or the society or even for someone you like, say an artist or anyone. What happens is, in the process of moulding, you lose yourself, your true nature, your colourfulness, and end up just like any other person, unreal, and plastic, you lose yourself and the ability to love yourself. Tell me, how can you ever love anyone else, if you don't love yourself first? And loving myself is what I am doing right now.

With that said and done, I, just had the most relaxing saturday ever that a girl can have! Shopping!! I got myself 2 dresses, a work top and pants. Darshie and I shopped till we dropped. It started with lunch in Chat Masala, and we had chicken briyani (veg of course) and then we went shopping followed by coffee n the most sinful cheesy pizza in Italiannies.. (Ati risk of sounding totally gay *wink, i am saying this) Told ya, I had a great day with my favourite girl :)
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    correction..YOU shopped till you dropped, i window shopped :P
    lol.
    given the sucky stomach ache i had in the morning which had me cringing in pain in bed, i figure the afternoon was a great way to relax and de-stress.
    i had a good time sweets.
    hugs and all the best for exams!


Post a Comment

your two cents worth??

}